With iOS 13, we got something called SFSymbols which.. to be honest, just seems like a set of icons at first glance.
However, if you dive a little deeper, you’ll see that they’re huge time savers because they come with many advantages over using static images for your icons.
Some of the benefits of using SFSymbols include:
- Adapting to Dynamic Type automatically.
- For example, the SFSymbol obeys the user’s on-device accessibility settings for type.
- Adapting to Dark Mode automatically.
- Each SFSymbol can be colored since they’re vectors, making it automatically change color for users on Dark Mode.
- Adapting to text decorations such as bold and italic
- Designed to be used beside the iOS San Francisco font so your symbols will always sit neatly when paired with text
- Scalable with high fidelity due to SFSymbols being vectors.